Easterseals Bay Area’s training for professionals provides a practical, efficient, and effective approach to support educational teams serving children with autism and related developmental challenges.
Our professional training program helps education professionals implement best practices in autism as part of their everyday teaching by using proven adult-learning methods, including guided video review, facilitated activity planning, in-vivo demonstrations, and role-playing exercises.
Through Easterseals Bay Area’s training program, education professionals learn to effectively:
- Implement evidence-based curriculum and teaching strategies to enhance the communication, social, and cognitive development of students with autism
- Reflect on current teaching practices and build on existing knowledge, skills, and strengths
- Apply new skills and competencies with feedback
- Problem-solve challenging situations
- Understand and address challenging behaviors
- Interact more effectively with children in daily activities and routines
- Enhance children’s participation, learning and development
- Improve student progress and educational outcomes